The release of our Marketplace is a huge step in completing our vision to bring commercial real estate online. Model and market your deals using the same data backbone the big enterprises use — with the convenience of the Web and the confidence of standardized data.
(This was originally posted Sept. 11, 2008)
It is September 11, 2008 and I have started preparing content for my soon-to-be released-blog, CMBS 2.0. The history of the company is deeply connected to September 11, 2001 and what better day than the 7-year anniversary of the attacks to chronicle that history.
For years I have been talking and blogging about the importance of transparency, standardization and XML in the CRE market. Well, I decided it was time to be more proactive in making these concepts a reality by creating inexpensive tools for small CRE operations and providing free tools for everyone who wants to experience the benefits of transparency.
Today is the 6th anniversary of this blog, which I write to follow the regulatory response to the financial crisis and how the implementation of the Dodd Frank law affects the CMBS market.
If you are a follower, you know I believe the regulators’ primary role should be to require transparency, and I advocate that position. This blog and my advocacy for transparency in the CMBS market is in part inspired by the events of 9/11/01.
Check out my very first post that gives that story:
The launch of CMBS.com Pro has been going well. Our new commercial real estate deal management tool, which includes CMBS data, was very well received at the ICSC conference in Las Vegas. We had several people sign up on the spot, and one property owner from the Midwest stated we were his favorite product at the show. The attendance was massive at the show but the Marketplace Mall (where we were) did not get the same traffic as the Leasing Mall. Maybe next year we will change locations. Nonetheless, it was a great venue to launch the new product.
Sausalito, CA (May 17, 2012) – A CMBS.com Pro account brings the power of Web-based enterprise software and data to all commercial real estate professionals — at prices as low as $20 per month, without the hassles of spreadsheets, desktop software or expensive data services.
CMBS.com Pro comes from the same team that revolutionized the commercial real estate lending industry with Backshop enterprise software. Backshop enables major players to run their entire CRE businesses in a holistic, flexible and secure Web-based environment by integrating direct cap and DCF lease-by-lease underwriting tools into a pipeline management and report writing application.
CMBS.com Pro is powered by Backshop and offers three packages to serve all commercial real estate players. Services range from $20 per month to $80 per month and deliver powerful capabilities including:
- Never again rely on spreadsheets and other desktop software.
- Access CMBS data at never-before-seen prices.
- Manage your deal pipeline and maximize productivity.
- Value collateral using direct capitalization and discounted cash flow methods.
- Model debt and equity returns.
- Compare your deal to properties that have CMBS debt.
- Quickly write and publish reports.
- Store and manage documents and contacts easily and securely.
- Standardize your deals in the industry-accepted format.
- Serve up to 10 users at any of your locations.
Bringing power to everyone
“We are excited to bring CMBS.com Pro to the commercial real estate community at large,” said CMBS.com and Backshop CEO Jim Flaherty. “The existing deal modeling tools and data services available to the small companies and individual users are based on old technology and priced to support old business models. Having solved these same problems for enterprise clients for years, we are proud to offer commercial real estate players of all types and sizes the same power used by the big guys at never-before-seen pricing.”
Flaherty says a CMBS.com Pro account is perfect for a wide range of CRE players:
- CRE professionals who need a pipeline/document system or work with any types of deals, debt or equity
- Owners, brokers and appraisers who need to model and present valuation scenarios or want info on CMBS comps
- Existing CMBS borrowers who need to manage reporting or want loan comps for their CMBS debt
- Anyone who currently uses Excel or Argus™ to model deals. CMBS.com delivers more power, costs less and eliminates the hassles of spreadsheets and desktop software.
To learn more about a CMBS.com Pro account, visit http://www.CMBS.com